Could you follow in Gordon Davis’s footsteps to join the cream of the crop as Devon’s Farmer of the Year 2017?
Last year’s winner Gordon demonstrated that he is an outstandingly efficient dairy farmer, but also a great ambassador for the industry. He joins 2015 winners John and Clare Clapp from Halberton and 2014 winners Pete and Di Wastenage from East Budleigh.
The Devon Farm Business Awards recognises and celebrates the hard work and dedication of farmers in Devon, and is organised by a partnership of the Addington Fund, Devon County Agricultural Association and Stephens Scown.
We’re seeking nominations for next year’s awards which can be submitted by farmers; solicitors; vets; animal feed suppliers; bank managers; family and friends…. for six award categories:
- Best Commercial Farmer – sponsor to be confirmed
- Best Dairy Farmer – sponsor to be confirmed
- Best Woman in Farming – sponsored by NatWest
- The John Neason Diversification Award – sponsor to be confirmed
- Devon’s Farming Champion – sponsored by the NFU and NFU Mutual
- Devon’s Best Young Farmer – sponsor to be confirmed.
Please return the forms to email@example.com no later than Tuesday 28th February. We will then draw up a shortlist with the judges before contacting the nominees.
The shortlisted nominees will be invited to a black tie dinner held on the eve of the Devon County Show, on Wednesday 17th May, where the winners will be announced.
The online forms are here:
- Best Commercial Farmer Nomination
- Best Dairy Farmer Nomination
- Best Farming Champion Nomination
- Best Woman in Farming Nomination
- Best Young Farmer Nomination
- CAAV John Neason Diversification Award Nomination
If you’re a tweeter then please follow us and tweet about the awards using @DFBA_2017.