We are delighted to announce the winners of the Cornwall Farm Business Awards 2016:
- Best Dairy Farmer winner is Paul George of Nansmerrow Farm, Tresillian
- Best Woman in Farming winner is Sally Lugg of Primrose Herd, Busveal, with a special acknowledgement to Anne Sweet who was awarded Cornwall’s Inspirational Farmer
- Best Commercial Farmer winner is Rundle Weldhen of Trekenning Farm, Trekenning
- Best Farm Processor winners are Bill and Rachel Clarke of Trewithen Dairy, Lostwithiel
- Best Green Farmer winners are brothers Shaun and Oliver Hawkey of Penpont Farm, Chapel Amble
- Best Young Farmer winner is Richard Mann of Boscreege Farm, Gulval
- Farming Champion winner is Martin Howlett of Deer Park Farm, Luckett.
And Cornwall’s Farmer of the Year winner is …. Paul George!
Thank you to all the nominees for their time, the judges thoroughly enjoyed meeting you and we’re sorry that you couldn’t all win.
Thanks again to our sponsors and supporters. Ian Burrow, Head of Agriculture and Renewable Energy at NatWest said “We are delighted to be sponsoring the new Green Farmer award – celebrating some of the best achievements from across the area. The standard of entries has be extremely high and I’d like to congratulate all of our shortlisted businesses for their nomination and contribution to the sector as a whole. NatWest is dedicated to supporting the agricultural industry, with specialist teams based across the UK.”
Phil Reed, Partner at Principal Sponsor at Stephens Scown LLP said “The farming industry plays an essential role in our local economy.
Cornwall is rightly famous for its food produce and we have some of the best examples in the UK of farming excellence. The industry has been under pressure of late, but still there is plenty to celebrate.
Stephens Scown is delighted to support these awards and show our commitment to the farmers and food producers in the region that we work so closely with.”
Photos from the awards evening can be viewed here http://bit.ly/21gBozT.
For details on nominations, sponsorship and tickets for the Cornwall Farm Business Awards 2017, which concludes on Thursday 23rd February 2017, please contact Georgi Curtis or Ian Bell on 01926 620135 or email email@example.com.