Could you follow in Gordon Davis’s footsteps to join the cream of the crop as Devon’s Farmer of the Year 2017?
Last year’s winner Gordon demonstrated that he is an outstandingly efficient dairy farmer, but also a great ambassador for the industry. He joins 2015 winners John and Clare Clapp from Halberton and 2014 winners Pete and Di Wastenage from East Budleigh.
Gordon says “I’m very proud of what our family business has achieved through hard work and determination. Being awarded Devon’s Best Dairy Farmer and then overall winner of the Devon Farm Business Awards in May recognised this achievement. It has been the highlight of my year, and I encourage all farmers in Devon to enter the 2017 awards”.
The Devon Farm Business Awards recognises and celebrates the hard work and dedication of farmers in Devon, and is organised by a partnership of the Addington Fund, Devon County Agricultural Association and Stephens Scown.
Nominations are now closed for:
- Best Commercial Farmer – sponsored by PKF Francis Clark
- Best Dairy Farmer – sponsored by Crediton Dairy
- Best Woman in Farming – sponsored by NatWest
- The John Neason Diversification Award – sponsored by Devon County Council, County Farms Estate
- Devon’s Farming Champion – sponsored by the NFU and NFU Mutual
- Devon’s Best Young Farmer – sponsored by Savills.
The shortlisted nominees will be invited to a black tie dinner held on the eve of the Devon County Show, on Wednesday 17th May, where the winners will be announced.
If you’re a tweeter then please follow us and tweet about the awards using @DFBA_2017.