We were busy cooking up a feast with Breakfast Week in January and February, by organising a number of Farmhouse breakfast events to celebrate the most important meal of the day and raise funds for the farming community.
Breakfast Week is managed by HGCA and run on behalf of arable farmers who grow crops such as wheat, barley, oats and oilseed rape. The purpose of the campaign is to raise awareness of the benefits of eating a healthy breakfast and demonstrate the wealth of wonderful breakfast produce available around the country. HGCA want to encourage people to think about where their breakfast foods come from and support the cereal farmers who produce it. – See more at: http://www.shakeupyourwakeup.com/content/breakfast-week#sthash.bSLRMqOj.dpuf.
We’ve cooked up over 500 breakfasts at:
- Ashcombe Village Hall in Devon; supported by Barclays, Stephens Scown Solicitors and Old Mill accountants and financial advisers
- Grigg’s Restaurant, St. Austell, Cornwall, supported by R.A.B.I. and Barclays
- Jersey Pavilion, Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire, supported by R.A.B.I., Barclays, Brethertons and Farmers Fayre
- Junction 24 at Sedgemoor Auction Centre with R.A.B.I
- Norton Village Hall, Norton, Gloucestershire.
We have raised over £7500 – thank you to everyone who cooked, washed up, dried up, served, sponsored the bacon, sausages, eggs, milk, butter, mushrooms and tomatoes and to everyone that ate our breakfasts – we really couldn’t do it without you all!
We’ll keep you posted on the dates for next year’s feasts!